- U.S. regulator orders halt to self-driving school bus test in Florida
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration on Monday said it had ordered Transdev North America to immediately stop transporting school children in Florida in a driverless shuttle, as the test …
- Twitter removes more accounts affiliated with Infowars
Twitter Inc confirmed on Monday it has removed more accounts affiliated with Infowars, the website of U.S. conspiracy theorist Alex Jones.
- Hundreds of migrant children held in U.S. tent city for months: filings
U.S. authorities have held some immigrant children who entered the country illegally and without a parent in a temporary "tent city" in Texas for months, violating a 20-year-old court order …
- U.S. top court blocks questioning of Ross in census suit
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday blocked a judge's order forcing Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross to give a deposition in a lawsuit by 18 states challenging a planned question in the 2020 census th …
- Trump says transgender policy seeks to 'protect the country'
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday that transgender issues were in flux and he aims to protect the country after a report that his administration was considering defining gender as male or fem …
- U.S. Bible museum says five Dead Sea Scrolls fragments fake
The Museum of the Bible in Washington on Monday said five of its artifacts thought to be part of the Dead Sea Scrolls were fake and would not be displayed anymore.
- Judge bars New Hampshire proof of residency requirement for new voters
A New Hampshire judge on Monday put on hold a law requiring some voters to present proof of residency when they register, saying it would lengthen lines at polling places and make it difficult for stu …
- U.S. gets lottery fever as jackpots rise to $2.2 billion
Gregory Baron, 24, and Ben Nelson, 27, on Monday were eagerly purchasing $2 tickets for the Mega Millions jackpot in hopes of winning the record-setting $1.6 billion prize and becoming among the riche …
- Guard shoots man trying to break into Washington TV station office
A security guard shot and wounded a man who kicked in the front doors of the offices of the Fox 5 channel in Washington on Monday afternoon, the television station and police said.
- Mega Millions website crashes as record jackpot draws clicks
The U.S. Mega Millions lottery website crashed on Monday ahead of a record $1.6 billion drawing on Tuesday night.